Sydenham Garden’s mission is to promote the physical and mental wellbeing of residents living in South London, by providing:
- a community garden where horticulture is used for therapy and rehabilitation
- opportunities for training for work and education
- opportunities for artistic and creative expression
- the protection and preservation of the environment for the benefit of the public through nature conservation or the promotion of biological diversity
The Administration Assistant will work with the project delivery team and Outreach and Development Worker, supporting with administration tasks across all projects to assist in the smooth running of the organisation.
- Data entry of confidential information onto various databases.
- Managing our display board, ensuring all information is up to date and relevant.
- Answering telephone enquiries and passing on messages as appropriate.
- Filing documents
- Supporting the Head of Services and Director with systems administration in relation to HR and internal functions
- Assisting staff with volunteer recruitment – administrative assistance in obtaining references, DBS checks and ensuring volunteer records on database are up to date and accurate.
- Providing general administrative support to team as required.
- Working collaboratively with other team members.
- Contributing ideas and suggestions to help progress work more effectively and efficiently.
- Meeting all learning commitments of the Kickstart scheme as directed by your line manager.
Skills and abilities required:
- Good written and verbal communication
- Organisational skills
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Good IT skills with experience using the Microsoft Office package
- Ability to enter data accurately
Specifically, we are looking for people with the following attributes:
We are looking for volunteers that reflect the diversity of Lewisham including people who identify as belonging to a Black and minority ethnic group.
- Experience working in an administrative role
- Experience working in a community organisation
- Opportunity to meet new people
- Opportunities for training in areas relevant to the role
- Build on existing skills and develop new ones
We are asking for 3–6-month commitment, minimum 1 day per week. Timing can be flexible to work around your commitments.
Sydenham Garden, 28a Wynell Road, London SE23 2LW
How to Apply
Is this role for you? Complete our online application form.
Or contact us if you have any questions:
Tel: 020 8291 1650 or mob. 07529 222 608 or email email@example.com