Join us for a morning learning about growing and selling cut flowers locally and sustainably.
This workshop will focus on cut flowers which can be grown later in the year. It will also cover everything you need to get started growing and selling local, sustainable and ethical cut flowers. It will be suitable for people of all levels of experience and expertise from the absolute beginner just starting out to the those with more experience who wish to hone their skills.
We will cover growing site requirements, which flowers to grow and why, how to turn your crop into a product including flower arranging techniques and finally, routes to market. All lead by our fabulous in-house florist Jullen.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
Growing site consideration
• Where to grow them: back garden, rented plot, market garden..
• Organic or semi-organic
• Covered or open to the elements
• Will they be an addition to other growing enterprise, or sole product? Companion planting etc.
• Which cut flowers to grow
• Examples of growing requirements of a few useful, common cut flowers and edible flowers
• Successional planting and continuous supply
• Care and harvesting
Presentation and discussion
Usage and value adding
• Organic, sustainable, local and ethical
Hand Tied Posies Practical
• Introduction to techniques, equipment and sundries
• Then the group has a chance to select, harvest and tie their own posy under the tutors guidance
Please use the form below to book your place