Lewisham gets New Integrated Mental Health and Dementia Services!
Partnerships led by Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind (BLG Mind) have been commissioned by the London Borough of Lewisham and Lewisham Clinical Commissioning Group to develop two important new services to meet the needs of local people in their communities.
The Lewisham Community Wellbeing
is a new integrated service for people with mental health and wellbeing problems, which will be delivered by BLG Mind, Lewisham Refugee and Migrant Network (LRMN), Sydenham Garden and METRO, working closely with South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM).
The service will support people to manage their mental health and wellbeing problems, stay well, recover, achieve their personal goals and connect with their local community. It will include:
• A single point of access to the range of support available
• Individual person-centred support and recovery planning
• Workshops, courses and groups
• Peer Support, both through groups and individual mentoring
• Culturally specific provision for people from BAME communities
• Community engagement and mental health awareness raising
• Service user involvement
The Lewisham Wellbeing Service will replace the Community Support Service currently provided by BLG Mind, services provided by Family Health ISIS and aspects of Sydenham Garden’s current provision. Staff and clients from Family Health ISIS will be transferring into the new service on 11 February.
The service will be fully operational from 1st April 2019, but prior to this will begin operating the single point of access for all new referrals (Details to follow soon).
The Lewisham Dementia Support Hub
is a new integrated service for people with dementia, which will be delivered by MindCare at BLG Mind, Carers Lewisham and Sydenham Garden, working closely with South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM).
The service will build on existing provision by the partners to deliver seamless support through a single point of access. It will include:
• Individual person-centred support planning
• Carer-specific support including individual support and workshops
• Groups using Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) based activities and horticulture
• Support for the Dementia Action Alliance and the development of dementia-friendly communities in Lewisham
The Dementia Support Hub will be implemented from 11 February 2019. Existing clients of dementia support from the partners will automatically transfer into the new service.
For more information about the new services please go to https://www.lewishamdementiasupporthub.org.uk/, or you can contact us: https://www.sydenhamgarden.org.uk/contact-us/