**Please note that due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we are not currently accepting new referrals for in-person, on-site placements. We are running online Art & Craft, Nature and Horticulture and African & Caribbean groups. Find out more about our online groups here.**
The service is particularly targeted at:
- People whose mental health & wellbeing can benefit from engagement in activities in a supportive community setting.
- People who are low-risk and able to participate in groups with other vulnerable adults within the community.
To be eligible for the service someone must:
- Be aged 18 years or over.
- Want to improve their mental health and well-being.
- Be able to attend the service.
- Have not completed more than one placement at Sydenham Garden in the past.
- Not attend whilst under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Not present an unmanageable risk to themselves or others.
- Have a level of independence that enables them to engage in meaningful occupation and to carry out a task independently or with minimal 1-2-1 support.
- Have motivation and commitment to participating in our activities at a level that will allow for regular (weekly) attendance.
- Respect the rights of other service users and support staff & volunteers.
To benefit from the service offered a prospective referral must:
- Be willing and able to co-operate with the support provided by the service offered and respect the rights of other service users and support staff
- Be prepared to engage in developing and working to a risk management plan for any risks which are identified as needing managing
Sydenham Garden seeks to be as accessible as possible. Our Resource Centre is fully wheelchair accessible, as is the majority of the garden site at Wynell Road which has been designed with people with diverse needs in mind. We provide specialised tools and equipment for those with disabilities, and have an adaptable computer workstation and hearing loop available in our resource centre.
Our De Frene site is a little more difficult to access although we have put in a considerable amount of work to address this. Please let us know if you have any comments or queries.